Myth: When you’re sick, you lose weight.
Truth: Most dieters gain weight after an illness.
Why? Multiple reasons fight against your success:
- You eat too few calories, slowing your metabolism.
- When you feel better, you eat too many calories, making things worse.
- While sick, you eat all the wrong foods: crackers, noodle soup, starches, etc.
- You stop exercising
- You stop taking diet pills
Some patients have the added problems:
- Their doctor put them on prednisone which causes weight gain.
- They lose momentum and get discouraged
Remember, this is nothing more than a small setback in a long journey. You are going to be successful in the big-picture. Time to get your energy up and get back to healthy living. You deserve it.